Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Big Improvement

Time to paint! I took off all the pictures, clipped on receipts, and newspaper articles. I washed and scrubbed the surface of the fridge and wiped it down with vinegar. Look at all those scratches-how did they get there? I thought that I would be too tired to continue because I was weak after that stomach virus, but I didn't feel too bad so I went into town to get paint and sandpaper. Got back, opened the paintbrush, dust mask, and the paint. I went to the shop to get the oscillating fan, and it was at this point that I leaned over wrong and hurt my back. Seriously mad at myself...I continued anyway.
Amos appeared uninterested and was no help at all.

Three and 1/2 hours later, in severe pain, I took this picture of the finished fridge. The color is black so that it matches my other appliances. All that is left to do is clean up the chrome trim and the grate thing at the bottom. Of course, I had to sleep in the bedroom recliner last night because I couldn't lie flat after hurting my back. That makes 2 nights this week that I was unable to sleep in my own bed, but I got one project done from my list of "things to do while the kids are in Colorado". They are coming back in two days so I'll get the second project started next week.


No comments: