Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Something different-Salty and Sweet

I came across a recipe for butter pecan cookies with a salty/sweet topping. It gave me an idea to make up my own version. I decided to use the original Toll House recipe but I substituted butterscotch chips for the chocolate ones. They were really good but a bit too salty for me. Next time, I will only dip the tops in the sugar/salt topping.

Salty/Sweet butterscotch cookies
Topping: mix and set aside

1/3 C. sugar mixed with 1 tsp. salt

Cream together:
1 C. butter
3/4 C. brown sugar
3/4 C. white sugar

Then add
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

Sift together 2 1/4 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Fold in one pkg butterscotch chips. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip each ball into the salty/sweet topping. Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.

1 comment:

Mom24 said...

Those sound (and look) delicious. Thanks for posting them.