Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Little Summer in Winter

Last August, during another drought, I tansfered a couple of tomato plants from the garden into some containers on the porch. When Fall came and the weather got cold, I moved the plants into my sunroom. Well they kept growing....and producing.
I was trying to get a little perspective in these photographs. I don't know if you can tell, but these tomato plants are now over 6 feet tall.

Here's my crop from the other day. The cayenne peppers are producing too. It was enough to add to our salad for supper. In additon to the tomatoes and peppers, I also have a large sweet potato vine and a spinach vine.The green plants and the colorful little crops brighten some fairly gloomy days. Later in the Spring, I'll replant them in the garden.
 If I am organized enough,
I'd like to have an entire Winter garden in my sunroom next year. Anyone else?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous ... these look delicious! Such bright red tomatoes! Lucky.

Connie said...

How neat to have fresh garden produce year round! Those tall tomato plants are amazing!

KathyB. said...

Oh I am drooling, the fresh tomatoes are beautiful, and from your sun room!