Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hello Houston!


Mike and I spent a good part of last week at the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. This year, it was held in downtown Houston. I am a country girl and enjoy living in my tiny community, 30 miles from any large city. At home, I'm so isolated that I can shower outside! I have a serene "bubble" of woods and pasture land to live in.

There are just a few more people here:

 Was it silly for us to pull our chairs up to the large window in our hotel room and just sit there, looking at the bustling city?


 Or,  were we obvious "country bumpkins" when we had our morning coffee at the same window. I'm serious, we did not watch TV until the last night-when the basketball playoffs were on (go Dallas!).


The hotel was beautiful and the park was a welcome green area in the middle of all the tall buildings. The conference was awesome and it was a good experience for us. But, I'm very happy to be back in the quiet, calm of my country home.

1 comment:

Connie said...

It's always exciting to get away and see and do something new for a change, isn't it. Coming home is always good too, though. Sounds like you had a nice trip. :)