Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Saved and recycled

Someone asked me where I got the bottle for my limoncello gift. I save all kinds of glass bottles and try to recycle them. The bottle pictured is a recycled amaretto bottle. I forget what brand this is but I just scrubbed off the label and re-used it. I also used an empty wine bottle, maple syrup bottle and balsamic vinegar bottle. This particular bottle was the prettiest, so I used it for the picture. If anyone knows of uses for gallon wine bottles, let me know. Our trash collection center has stopped taking glass for recycling and I hope it is just temporary. I cannot just throw away glass!

2 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

It is a really nice bottle and the limoncello looked really sparkly in it. It is nice that you recycle.
Roberta Anne

KathyB. said...

Well, if they are blue 1 gallon wine bottles I use them on my bottle tree in the herb garden.....otherwise, maybe you could make terrariums for next year's Christmas or build little ships in them! I do re-use a lot of bottles, but those 1 gallon wine bottles ..kind of useless after they are empty, huh ?