Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, March 8, 2009

When you are tired and uninspired, do this..

Last week, it was cold, I was tired, and I avoided all housework until this happened...There were no clean dishes and I drank coffee out of a Pyrex measuring cup because it was clean and microwaveable. I just felt very blah. Oh, and we were out of groceries, too. So...
I went shopping. Went to Home Depot and bought many pretty bright red geraniums. Then I stopped by Kohl's and checked on the set of Bobby Flay dishes that I covet. These 4 Tapas dishes were marked 70 % off! I love his line of dishes because they are not made in China (Portugal instead), and they are beautiful. They can go in the microwave, and oven and then to the table. I knew I had to use them that night. I bought groceries at HEB and got supplies for this...

Individual lasagnas. make the sauce :
I used 1 lb. of bulk Italian sausage sauteed with a medium chopped onion, two cloves garlic and black pepper. I added one can of crushed tomatoes, 12 oz. ketchup and 1/2 cup of dry red wine.
Place a thin layer in each dish.


I used won ton wrappers for the pasta. Add a layer inbetween each of the fillings. I had 3 fillings and 3 layers of pasta.




2nd layer: 8 oz. of baby portabella mushrooms sauteed with olive oil, salt and pepper.




3rd layer: 1 c. cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 grated Parmesan.




Top with the last layer of pasta, cover with the remaining sauce. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Add a generous amount of fresh mozzarella and put back into the oven until melted. This were delicious. I was only going to eat 1/2 of mine but after I waited a few minutes, I finished the whole thing. My groceries were all put up and the dishes were all clean. Much better!






4 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love the bakeware and the lasagna looks so yummy.

Have a wonderful Sunday
from Roberta Anne

Mom24 said...

I absolutely love those dishes and I will have to make an unscheduled stop tomorrow and see if my Kohls has those. They look wonderful.

I think it's important when you're having those blah days to just give in to them. Take care.

Dawn Marie said...

what a great idea! I would never have thought of this...and i love those dishes.

KathyB. said...

I WILL be making this, my tummy is growling just looking at it.