Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crawfish Cornbread Casserole

I have been on a roll lately with Cajun Style food. Last night, I made a shrimp boil with shrimp, corn on the cob, potatoes, and sausage. I used a prepacked spice packet by Zaterains and it was delicious. For the 4th of July I made this:

Crawfish Cornbread Casserole
1 lb. frozen crawfish (crayfish) tails, cleaned and thawed
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 chopped jalapeno
3 eggs
1 can of creamed corn
1 stick melted butter
2 cups grated cheese
1 box of Jiffy cornbread muffin mix
2 tsp. of creole seasoning
1 tsp. salt


mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45=50 minutes until golden brown on top and set in the middle.






3 comments:

Kristi said...

I just love a good shrimp boil. I never tried this casserole recipe, but it looks fabulous! What are you cooking tonight? :-)

KathyB. said...

When i lived in Louisiana there were crayfish everywhere. When it rained the crawdads popped out of holes in the yard and it seemed the whole place was crawling with them. I did not know then that they were edible to people ( we are from the west, how could we ? )Do you get crawdads in your area?

Alice from Tennessee said...

My family LOVES Cajun Food!!
The first time I made this recipe, one my son brought his girlfriend (now his wife) over and I was just pulling it out of the oven. They asked what it was and when I told them, they turned up their noses.
My husband cut a small piece and offered it to them. By the time I got the rest of my Cajun dinner ready, the whole thing was gone and I had to have French bread with my meal!!!
We're having it again tonight!!!!!