Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Purple

I just finished reading this book. It is very different from the movie version (that I've seen about 10 times). There's a lot to think about in this book. I haven't decided if I would really recommend it to everyone. I might recommend to someone I knew very well. There are some odd concepts, I guess I mean "foreign concepts to me" that are brought up. I know nothing about being so poor, uneducated, black and female during the 1930's. What a hard life. But....the main character does triumph. Hmmmm, a lot to think about....
Did you know that purple can be the color of brutality and violence, and it can be the color of beauty and joy?

1 comment:

Connie said...

I read that one quite a few years ago. I've forgotten quite a bit of it, but I do remember thinking that it was a good book, although somewhat disturbing.