Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Making my indoor garden


A few weeks ago, I started some plants outdoors. The weather has been very warm over all but we did get a few nights with temperatures in the 30's. I moved the plants inside and hope they will continue to produce.
I have mixed lettuces.

Basil

Kale

and spinach

I picked a variety of the greens. I got a surprising amount for the first picking.

I cooked some hot Italian sausage, onion, mushrooms and garlic together. Then I added the greens I picked and some crushed tomatoes. For supper, we had lentils topped with sausage and greens. It was wonderful-and fun to add the fresh greens that I grew myself. I still need to pick over half the lettuce and a lot of the spinach. That means we will have a fresh salad tonight.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

Wow! They look amazing. I hope it works. I've never thought of growing plants like that inside, but we really don't have sunny spots for plants, I know that would be an impediment. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Everything looks delicious! Yum.

Peaceful Reader said...

Yum! How wonderful to have all these fresh green things right now while our weather is getting quite chilly!