Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Baking is crafting

 
 
I like to bake! I only bake when I can share with other people because, as you probably can guess, I also love to eat. I cannot resist homemade treats. Here are two items I baked in September:
                                         Butter Herb Bread that I baked for the County Fair.
2 pkgs. yeast
2 c. warm water
6 eggs
1 1/4 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. oil
1 1/2 tsp. rosemary
2/3 c. parsley
8 c. flour
1 egg for top
Dissolve yeast in water. Combine eggs, salt, oil, herbs and 3 cups flour. Add yeast and mix well. Add more flour to make dough and knead on floured board for 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl and cover. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours in warm place. Shape into two loaves on cookie sheet. Cover loosely and let rise for 45 minutes. Brush with egg and bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees.

       Harvey Wallbanger Cake I baked for the Volunteer Fire Department Auction Fundraiser
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup vodka
  • 1/4 cup Orange liqueur
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1-2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
  1. Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil together.
  2. Blend them with a mixer on slow.
  3. Add orange juice,  orange liqueur, and vodka.
  4. Stir together.
  5. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan.
  6. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
  7. Mix powdered sugar and orange juice concentrate together with a fork until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake.

No comments: