Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Architect, Carpenter, Farmer, Provider, Father

My favorite piece of artwork was created when my daughter decided to try to compete in the Houston Livestock Show. Her high school art teacher had them take or find a photograph that represented something appropriate for the Livestock show, and then make a piece of artwork. She had her daddy pose around the yard and came up with a photo of him standing by the pumphouse. He built everything he is standing by and the handplow is an antique piece of farm equipment. The gate is the entrance to my little garden spot.. She took the photo and cropped it to use for this painting. She won a gold medal but didn't make it to the auction. I think this is fantastic for a first oil painting.


Here is the original photo and I think she has a talent for photography as well.

No comments: