Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sigh of Relief

I have finished A Thousand Splendid Suns and......I'd like to recommend it to you all. I almost didn't pick it because of my experience with the author's first book but I am so glad I did. It had a wonderful ending, even though the journey was tragic and unbelievingly realistic. It was worth becoming an empathetic voyeur for a brief time. The story of how these two women, from different backgrounds, became "family" is a universal theme that I couldn't ignore. So, I have spent several hours doing research on Afghanistan and I'm completely intrigued. I'm learning about the history,culture and food. I wonder where this leads?

I would welcome ideas.

Oh, and I would really be interested in some book suggestions. What do you recommend?

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm glad it was a good reading experience for you. It is rough when you get so emotionally involved in a book that it takes a toll on you.
I like Fannie Flagg as an author, but I'm behind on reading her newest books. Hers are ones I recommend because I enjoyed them myself.

Also there is a website that can recommend books to you.

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/

You might give it a try and see where it leads you if you are interested. :-)

Wishing you a very happy new year!