Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Treasures


This little family of snowmen decorate one of our shelves for Christmas. My daughter made all four. They have a lot of personality, don't they? Look at the one on the right. Her beautiful ponytail cascades over her shoulder as she sweetly gazes down upon Mr. Santa Bear.


 The large one in the middle stands there, very sophisticated because he knows he was made by the "older" artist. Ky had gained a lot of experience and technique by then, making him entirely from paper mache. The tall one with the jaunty hat is not jealous. He is special too, made at a church event.



 This  little guy is one of the oldest, made by the artist when she was a second grader. Look at his shiny green eye. The other eye is missing but still twinkles from tiny drop of dried glue. The little body is a painted baby food jar that used to contain hot cocoa mix.



This picture is the perfect background. Of course, you can tell that she had not yet developed a love for Santa Claus. Don't worry, she spent a total of 5 seconds on his lap, just enough time for her to start to cry. I love that the photographer snapped the picture quickly, before I even knew it, and didn't torture her by trying to get her to smile. I also love that my son sat there, not scared just patient, with his little hands folded. That is very precious to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! Where has the time gone? Precious picture. Looks like Ky had artistic talent even at a young age :-)

Connie said...

Aw...very sweet treasures, indeed. I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen a snowman with a ponytail. ;) Love the Santa picture too.

KathyB. said...

Sweet display of treasures. I just know these will be passed down in the family and the stories you told about them will be remembered. Love the Santa picture too, best backdrop for the snowmen.Will she be adding another snowman this year?