Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A look inside


I took a close-up look at my new lemon petunias. I think they are so pretty, a fresh lemon color.





I marveled at the veins in the petal and the tiny pistil and stamens. I looked it up and found out that this green part in the middle is the pistil, which contains the stigma, style and ovary. The brown edged structures are the stamens. They are made of the anther and filament. These are the reproductive parts of the flower.

Isn't it amazing that even a small flower is actually an intricate, well designed, living organism!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice photos, Aunt Kerrie. And, a very, very nice shout-out to the Creator of the universe!

Southern Comfort said...

Thank you Pam!

Connie said...

Lovely close-ups! The smallest of details of our world are really something to marvel about, aren't they. Have a nice Sunday! :)

Full of Grace said...

SO beautiful..I LOVE flowers and cannot wait to see them around our area :)

KathyB. said...

Lemon petunias, so pretty.Each living organism created by God seems to have a whole little universe of its own inside.Kind of reminds me of 'Horton Hears A Who'.One could get lost delving into such mysteries, always amazed at the intricacy of each and every life.