Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Monday, March 21, 2011

A look underneath



Once again, the ordinary becomes extraordinary when observed from a new perspective. I wanted to see if I could capture the translucence of the light from the sun.
Translucent means"Transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to prevent perception of distinct images". Yes, I looked that up too.

Lemon petunia. Very translucent.

 Those specks are on the inside of the flower.





A marigold. Not as translucent as the petunia.


This view did allow me to see the receptical and the sepal, which is the bulbous, green part by the stem of the flower. My camera allowed me to see a little more-and a little more clearly. And...I saw beauty.

1 comment:

Connie said...

They're gorgeous! I love the color of that marigold--so bright and cheery! :)