Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Art Bras for Breast Cancer Research



It is time to make art bras again! This is really fun. They will be photographed to make a calendar for fundraising and also will be autioned off at the big event in October. All the money goes to the cancer resource center in a nearby county. Here are my entries this year.


This is my "Jungle Trophies" entry. Did you notice the play on words? I hope it isn't too subtle. That's as suggestive as I want to get....


I actually finished this bra for a friend of mine. She started it but lost confidence. She's 91, so I think this activity is a little out of her comfort zone. She took apart what she had started, so I took her idea and added to it. Those are tiny jingle bells glued on the cups, and there are little Christmas trees on the trim. I call this one "Jingle, Jangle, Jiggle". Hopefully my daughter will have time to make one once her semester at college is done.She made 2 really pretty bras last year and I'd love to see what she comes up with.

There are a lot of Art bras on the internet and you might enjoy looking some up. Quite entertaining!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very cool! - and brave! I understand your 91 year old friend's comfort levels and I am not even 40 yet! Lol - not far off though :) I looked you up on FB but sad to day your name is a common one, as in there were over 20 people with the same name, haha! I searched for name under Texas but still no joy. Try looking me up: https://www.facebook.com/nicki.gerritsen have a blessed day :)

Connie said...

Wow, so much detail and so much work went into those. Very cool! :-)