Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Healing Rain

It had been 2 1/2 months since we'd had any significant amount of rain. I posted a picture of the cracked ground and told of how I tried to nurse my little garden along until it rained. I trimmed everything back and covered the one row of tomatoes and eggplants that I had left. I stopped watering everything except my lemon tree and a few plants in front of the house. Praise be to God that we are finally getting a few showers. We have had 3 good rains of .8 inches each! Last night and this morning we got another .25 of an inch. These have all been slow, healing rains. You can see in this picture how green things are now and that the grass is coming back out. I started cleaning and preparing the garden spot this morning and will soon be planting some things for fall. I will plant sunflowers, pumpkins and zucchini again. I would love to make a fall scarecrow to put in the garden. I'm very excited!

No comments: