Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles: in a food processor crush one package regular Oreos to make fine crumbs. Add one 8 0z. package of cream cheese cut into cubes. Pulse until a moist ball forms. Roll into 1 inch balls and chill for 1 hour. Melt one package of vanilla candy coating (almond bark) in the microwave. Dip each ball and let harden. Makes about 36 truffles.
These are really sweet and delicious. I saw the recipe on a blog that I like to read everyday:
http://anewchelseamorning.blogspot.com/ who, in turn, credits her daughter's boss for this recipe. I will definitely make them again. I bet you could use any type of sandwich cookie-like lemon- instead of the Oreos.
My daughter made these when we got home from church so that we have dessert when our company comes for supper (Ribeye steaks, grilled corn-on-the-cob and mashed potatoes).

No comments: