Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Homemade Chicken pizza-2 ways

BBQ Chicken pizza





Vegetable Chicken pizza









I made two kinds of chicken pizza the other day. I baked 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, then used 4 chopped thighs for each pizza. I also sprinkled Cajun seasoning on each thigh before baking.
Pizza dough:
3-1/2 C flour
1 pkg Rapid rise yeast
1 tsp salt
1 C very warm water
2 tbl olive oil

Mix water, yeast, salt, olive oil and 1 C flour. Mix until smooth. Add enough additional flour to make a soft dough. Knead about 6 minutes until smooth and elastic. Rest 10 minutes. Roll out into 2 (12-14 inch) crusts. Top and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

BBQ Chicken pizza:
Top the dough with 4 chopped chicken thighs mixed with about 1 C BBQ sauce. Then add cheese of your choice (I happened to have Swiss). Bake until crust is done and crispy on the bottom.


Vegetable Chicken pizza:
Use the remaining 4 thighs, chopped. I mixed a small can of tomato paste thinned with 1C ketchup with the chicken. Spread evenly on the pizza crust. Add desired vegetables (I used thinly sliced onions and mushrooms). Top with cheese (I used fresh mozzarella and grated Parmesan).


I used Cajun seasoning because I am still on a roll with those flavors. I will post my new recipe soon. It was a quick and delicious Cajun casserole.

3 comments:

Mom24 said...

I've never tried BBQ chicken pizza. Intriguing! Thanks for the great idea.

KathyB. said...

YUM, YUM, YUM!I think I will copy and use these recipes. Who doesn't love pizza, and chicken?

Dawn Marie said...

ohhh you got me here! I bought stuff to make homemade pizza last week and never got to make it....this weekend YUMMY!