Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Friday, August 28, 2009

I have a new friend


Mike and the troopers had a get together last night at the beautiful home of one of the secretaries. As I sat there with my feet in the swimming pool, one of her 4 very large dogs walked very slowly and gracefully up next to me. He gently put his head (which, I noticed, was bigger than my entire 10 pound dog, Amos) next to mine to be petted, then casually pushed closer-intending to get into my lap. I convinced all 100 pounds of him to just lie beside me and put his head into my lap instead. He took a cozy little nap and then moved on to visit some of the other guests. Spike is a very sweet, gentle, friendly boy.

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

I have 5 of these dogs, and every one would like nothing more than to spend ALL their time adoring me. It is humbling...and sometimes a little warm!There is a lot to be said for Labrador Retrievers, a breed that really and truly lives for us humans. My Labs do not need any other punishment for misbehavior than to know I am upset. That is how sensitive most of them are to us. They simply live for me, ( and retrieving tennis balls).

Spike is a beautiful dog and I bet he is exactly the opposite of his name, which more appropriately would be "Softy".

BTW, I like your dress very much.

Dawn Marie said...

awwww isnt that sweet? I would have curled up with him and snoozed, lol