Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sad, sad situation, but happy, happy ending!






Mike and I spent the last 4 days remodeling our bathroom. After 16 years, it looked really sad. We had focused on the rest of the house and neglected this area. I don't think the sheetrock had ever been sealed or treated-you can see all the stains and worn areas. We bleached, sanded and painted it with 2 coats of Kilz. Then we put a light blue finish on the walls and a creamy white coat on the vanity, put down a Walmart "rug in a bag", then added a new shower curtain and 2 bathroom rugs. It looks amazing and I'm thrilled.


This area was a big embarrassment and I finally decided to just dive into remodeling it.
Yes, that is a hole in the vinyl, we've only looked at it for about 5 years.

Everything turned out so pretty. I love the light blue against the dark brown rug. The creamy vanity blends with the rug as well. The white shower curtain looks so clean and brightens up the area. I am pleased with the outcome. Not embarrassed anymore.

3 comments:

KathyB. said...

Looks like a completely different bathroom, doesn't it? So crisp, new, and clean looking . Sometimes I am surprised by how simple a good change can be and I often wonder why I did not tackle the project earlier~

Southern Comfort said...

Yes, it takes very little money, if you're willing to do the work yourself, to complete an entire makeover. It is a whole new room. Now, I'm working on the adjoining bedroom.

Envoy-ette said...

Phew! You don't have to have a sad bathroom anymore! The transformation is WONDERFUL!
Well done!