Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Friday, March 5, 2010

Patient, Persevering Hands


Teaching a craft class at a nursing home lets me see many kinds of beautiful hands.


Hands that struggle but succeed.



Young, caregiving hands that stop what they're doing to help out a little bit.




Two pairs of hands working together.



Aged, but still nimble.






Hands that hesitate, trying to remember what they're supposed to accomplish.

Hands that are stiff and move painfully and slowly, but never abandoning their task.

4 comments:

KathyB. said...

Beautiful! Helping hands, healing hands~

Southern Comfort said...

Thank you. I want to continue this theme and I'm waiting for my next photo opportunity.Soon I hope...

myletterstoemily said...

what a lovely, loving gesture to help those
old hands have some purpose and fun.

blessings on your giving heart!

Southern Comfort said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. I've been doing this craft class for 3 years and it is still a challenge-but very worthwhile.