Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Granny's Quilt Square


I once helped my Grandmother quilt an enormous bedspread made out of colorful interlocking circles. She had pieced each flower pattern by hand. Making squares or rectangles come out straight is hard and I can not imagine getting circles symmetrical. She later gave me the quilt. A few years before she died, she gave me, for Christmas, 2 pillow cases that she had made out of leftover circles. I took one of the pillow cases apart and "showcased" a circle flower on a piece of plain, unbleached muslin. It became the summer curtain for my kitchen window. I think it is so pretty, a touch of her in my homemade, country kitchen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.

Southern Comfort said...

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it, thanks