Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kitchen View


I love the view from my kitchen window but sometimes I love the view of the window itself more. Today it is filled with fresh yellow heirloom tomatoes, little red grape tomatoes, and cherry red tomatoes. My dad cultivated the cherry tomato plants and passed on the seeds to us before he died and they are my favorite tomatoes. I also have an old picture of my mother holding my one year old son and my 4 hour old daughter and the little statue of the boy is the last Mother's day gift we gave my mother-in-law before she died. He is holding a sign that says "Hope". The Mason jar holds rosemary and mint from my flower beds. The smells from the herbs and the lure of the photograph entices me to look at and out of the window several times a day., and to remember...

No comments: