Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It is cold-even here!

Is is very cold here, at least by our standards here in central Texas. It got down to 18 degrees the last few nights. Needless to say, I haven't spent much time outside. It is good weather for cooking though. We are having a farewell luncheon for our former Pastor at church today and we decorated with a snowflake theme. I thought that making these little cake ball snowmen would be appropriate for dessert. I got the idea from Bakerella http://bakerella.com/snowman-cake-pops/ . I dipped the cake balls and my daughter decorated them.












Yesterday morning we discovered that our tank had frozen over for the first time since we made it, about 15 years ago. I tested the middle, where it is the deepest, by throwing some sticks out there. They just hit and bounced, then skidded. It was frozen all the way across. Mike broke the surface of ice so the animals could drink. This morning it was frozen again.











1 comment:

KathyB. said...

18 degrees is cold anywhere! Your little snowmen are so cute I will have to make them.

Breaking ice is not much fun is it?But once the ice is broken and animals watered there is the warm home filled with good food and family, the best things for warming the heart.