Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Friday, June 20, 2008

Beach Party Bible School


Its the last day of vacation Bible school and its the first opportunity I've had to take a picture. Our classes were smaller in number this year, so we combined them into 2 classes. That was great until we shortened each class period into 20 minute increments. It was tricky to use real acrylic paints, sand, glue and permanent markers with 4 year olds up to 5th graders in that amount of time. The sweetest part to me was when our youth helpers gathered quietly together in another room and sat down to paint surfboards (you know, for "surfing" through the Scriptures). These girls probably had attended Bible school each year since they were old enough. I remember some of them as babies. They were now too old to attend but not too old to love Bible school. I know they were supposed to be helping us-the teachers, but it was too sweet to see them painting and talking together and we didn't interrupt them. They also don't know that I lined up their artwork this morning and my daughter took this picture. I'll just call this my special momento.


No comments: