Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Saturday, June 7, 2008

morning glories














I had been watering this tiny garden for a few weeks. The rain had fallen faithfully through the planting, growing and blooming. The weather, for Texas, had been unseasonally cool ,but now that these plants were established, the heat turned on and the rain pretty much stopped. I had to baby the plants now...


The first blooms finally developed on the morning glories that I had planted beside the fence. They barely unfurled and I guessed they would either be blue or red, maybe purple. I gave them a final watering, then left for three days on a wonderful beach vacation with my family. The garden was wilted and wind blown by the time I got back. I babied it again. This morning I saw two beautiful blooms on those morning glories, both blue. I was inspired to take my first ever close up of them with my simple camera and I loved the results. My first ever close up!

No comments: