Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tranquility



One of the luxuries of living out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by woods, is that you can easily take your shower outdoors. Odds are you wouldn't be seen even if there were no wooden walls. But since I'm shy and my house has windows, I'm comfortable with walls around me. My husband and kids built the original outdoor shower for Mother's Day about 4 years ago but after a freeze last winter, we had a broken pipe and the bamboo that made up the walls was cracked and flimsy. My husband spent all day yesterday and today tearing down the old walls and putting up the wood. He used wood recycled from some other project, replaced the pipe and had our daughter paint a sign for it. It says "ALCEDONIA", which is supposed to be Latin for "tranquility". My husband got to take the first shower (of course, I took pictures) and now it's my turn.











No comments: