Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Saturday, June 7, 2008

I'll help you if you'll help me

Be patient with me, I am a new blogger and I really excited, maybe really nervous as well. I have been reading a few blogs for about 3 months and I love reading about some of the other women in this world. They have inspired me to try one on my own...
But my daughter is the one who actually is setting this up for me. (Thank you). She has recently graduated high school and is, at this moment, in the kitchen making a small batch of strawberry jam. I keep calling her back in here to answer my questions about the computer and this blog site and then she'll call me from the kitchen to ask something about the jam. I guess we are teaching each other something this afternoon. One lesson she has learned is bubbling fruit splashes burn.
These are special times for me. I will be 50 in December and my two kids are practically grown. I will introduce you soon to my 19 year old son, and my 18 year old daughter. My husband will be retiring in a few months, so lots of new things are happening around here and I would like to share some of them with you. I'll probably share gardening news and photos first because keeping the plants from dying is my main focus right now. It is hot and dry here in Texas and I have to baby the plants daily. So far, I have produced enough cucumbers to put up 8 jars of pickles and enough squash to put in the freezer and I don't want the plants to wither away already. One joy in particular is the first blooming of the morning glories. That is a story I will share next and, if I ever learn to post a photo, I'll share that as well. Thank you for listening.

No comments: