Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fingerling Potatoes with a Crunchy Parmesan Crust



Oh....these are so good!
Fingerling Potatoes with a Crunchy Parmesan Crust: (for 4 people)
16 fingerling potatoes, cut in half
1/2 stick of butter
4 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or more!, I also used Romano-delicious)
salt, pepper


This is Pecorino Romano since this is the strongest flavored cheese I had in the fridge.

Melt the butter in 400 degree oven, using a 9x13 glass pan. When the pan is hot and the butter is melted, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the bottom of the pan. Place the potatoes, cut side down, over the cheese. Season the skins with sea salt and black pepper.Bake for about 40 minutes.


As you can see, the potatoes oven-fry in the butter, and the cheese becomes a golden brown, crunchy crust.


Cool slightly then turn the potatoes over to reveal the cheesy crust. These are really tasty. I also have used this method with regular russet potatoes but, to me, the fingerlings are better.




2 comments:

Mom24 said...

Wow! That looks truly delicious. Thanks for such an intriguing recipe.

KathyB. said...

I personally do not like potatoes except as potato chips, extra crispy french fries or as lefse...all foods that though made of potatoes do not taste like potatoes ( to me, I think it is a texture thing)...anyway, the recipe you have here is one I will be making for potluck! I know this dish will be eaten up quickly..thanks!