Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

New Quilt for a New Baby

We spent the 3rd real day of Mike's retirement at home. We took a long walk together then he went out back to burn some brush piles since we've finally had enough rain to lift the burn ban. I brought the sewing machine downstairs and put together this little quilt for a friend's new baby boy.


I had all the squares cut already and the sun was bright through the windows in my sunroom, and the quilt went together quickly.
I finished it by tying the middle of the squares and each corner of the squares with brown embroidery thread.

And because it is Texas after all, I made sure the red print reflected that fact with these little cowboy hats. I had such a peaceful morning, sitting in the sun and sewing this gift for little baby Aidan.


2 comments:

Always Been Different said...

Beautiful!

KathyB. said...

Sounds like my kind of day! And the quilt is one any new parents would love to receive as a gift for their baby. Perfect quilt from Texas!