Life in the A-Frame

Life in the A-Frame

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Monarch of the Glen

This is the cast of one of my favorite series ever. (Thanks James for reminding me about it-glad you like it too). I started watching it on BBC during the 2nd season. Last year, I bought the entire series on DVD and we have been watching them over again.


ION TV says:
Inspired by the highland novels of Compton Mackenzie, this show follows Archie MacDonald as he finds himself thrown into the role of the new Laird of Glenbogle, his family's financially failing Scottish estate. With the help, and sometimes hinderance, of his family and faithful retainers he works to get the noble estate back on its feet.
I will say that we like the originality of the story and the quirky characters. It is a heartwarming series with lots of humor. The only thing we had to adjust to was the Scottish accents. After a while, we could finally understand what the characters were saying.
I haven't seen the entire series yet and have about 3 seasons to go. I highly recommend Monarch of the Glen for those who want something a little bit different-with lots of substance.

1 comment:

KathyB. said...

I have watched most of the episodes! I love this show. The scenery alone makes it worth watching. Check out another our friends have turned us onto, 'Doc Martin'! If you like Monarch of the Glen, you will like it!